search this blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

PCA of the world


Following on from my last blog entry, in which I posted a PCA of West Eurasia, below is a PCA of the world. The outcome obviously looks very different, and that's because here the positions of the samples are determined by genetic clines that dominate the globe, and these are different from those that dominate West Eurasia. To view a much larger and detailed version of the image below, click on it. Individual IDs are shown in the PDF here.




See also...

A multidimensional view of Europe + West Asia

A multidimensional view of East Asia


13 comments:

Gui S said...

Hey, what do BAL1 and BAL2 stand for? Where are they from?

Davidski said...

They're of mixed Balkan origin.

Gui S said...

Interesting, not Slavic-speakers I presume?

Davidski said...

Honestly, I can't remember the details, but mostly not Slavic as far as I can recall.

SB said...

Do you think the Long Island Jewish samples(gsmxxxxx) that fall next to Indians are possibly of Indian origin?

Davidski said...

Yes, there are Indian Jews near the Indians, but they're not from Long Island. They're Cochin and Mumbai Jews from India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochin_Jews

Davidski said...

I just quickly checked their IBD stats using PLINK, and it seems they might be cousins. I'll remove one and see if there's a change in the result.

mshwan1 said...

Could you tell me nationality of "MG" in individual ID´s?

thank u

Davidski said...

I can't see an MG, but the Georgian samples are marked mg.

EDP said...

David, in the Global PCA map, I see a Cuban among Bedouins, Palestinians etc. Is that me? I'm Cu6.

Davidski said...

I can't remember. You need to check the other PDF.

EDP said...

Yes, I believe that's me.

Davidski said...

I've updated the PCA.